Sunday, June 13, 2010

Leap of Faith

hello! i know i haven't written in quite awhile, but i have come back to the blogging world with passion and purpose.
i am on a journey for the next few weeks, kids. pretty much all of my close friends are leaving for about a month. all at the same time. and basically, this a recipe for "Courtney Trainwreck". in other words, i don't do well alone. mental brakedowns, crying, eating unholy amounts of ice cream, pouting, and sappy chick flicks will all be invited to my pity party.
but for some reason, all of those things don't sound too exciting. so i have decided to scream a big "NO!" at the Negative Nancy inside my little noggin. i do not want to spend these next few weeks wishing i had gone on an adventerous trip or taken risks or tried new things: i am going to!
this determination inside me is rare. this determination is driving me to write blogs posts. this is going to be interesting.
so, i've made a list of some things that i need/want/have been meaning to do. i guess each day, ill write about something i have done.

on an ending note, i think you should know that my middle name is Faith. a dear friend had to remind me of that the other day when i was crying like a 5 year old in Panera. i needed to be reminded that the God of the Universe was planning my summer for His purposes and not my own. i am His servant and He is planning to use me where He wants me. reluctantly, hesitantly, slowly, i am learning to jump into this deep ocean called Faith. where i let go of all my power, control, regrets, and fears. where i free-fall into the glorious plans of my God and believe that He alone knows what's best for me. its scary, but i think it will be worth it.

i'll be writing again very shortly ! i might attempt a run or hike tomorrow? -eek-

love,
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment